As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which is best
I am a senior communications specialist at American Student Assistance and a member of the Direct Marketing Association Ethics Policy Committee.
I’m a member of Somerville YIMBY, a group that promotes the creation of more housing as a solution to our regional housing shortage. I also volunteer to help students at West Roxbury Academy and the Urban Science Academy write college essays, and work on writing and other homework with students at 826Boston.
Need copy, editing, or communications help? Tell me about it.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers at a critical transition point
- Informational messaging to help borrowers avoid scams and help military servicemembers access education resources
- Draft DMA Ethics Policy Memo about Pokémon Go: Augmented Reality and Data Privacy Concerns
- The Student Loan Resources and College Planning Services section of asa.org (in collaboration with other teams)
- Numerous articles on saltmoney.org (in collaboration with other teams)
- Contributions to community.saltmoney.org and the SALT blog
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .ARAB and .SECURE
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management
- “What is GNOME,” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5