As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which drives better results
I am currently a communications and project management consultant for clients including the MIT Energy Initiative and BlueHub Capital (formerly known as Boston Community Capital). If you need copy, editing, or communications help, tell me about it.
Volunteering and Service
I’m a member of the Data and Marketing Association Ethics Policy Committee and serve on the steering committee for Somerville YIMBY, a group that promotes the creation of more housing as a solution to our regional housing shortage. During the school year, I volunteer in the writing lab at Boston Green Academy.
- “You Don’t Learn This in Class,” an article about undergraduate research for Energy Futures magazine, forthcoming in fall 2018.
- Copy for the MIT Energy Initiative’s education pages.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers at a critical transition point.
- Informational messaging to help borrowers avoid scams and help military servicemembers access education resources.
- Draft DMA Ethics Policy Memo about Pokémon Go: Augmented Reality and Data Privacy Concerns.
- Contributions to the American Student Assistance Salt blog, Salt community, and saltmoney.org, including a blog post about Kanye West and pre-nups, and one about student loan repayment options.
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .ARAB and .SECURE.
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management
- “What is GNOME” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5