As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which is best
I am currently a part-time contract marketing communications consultant for the MIT Energy Initiative, and I’m looking for a full-time marketing or communications position in a mission-driven organization.
I’m a member of the Data and Marketing Association Ethics Policy Committee and serve on the steering committee for Somerville YIMBY, a group that promotes the creation of more housing as a solution to our regional housing shortage. During the school year, I volunteer in the writing lab at Boston Green Academy.
Need copy, editing, or communications help? Tell me about it.
- “You Don’t Learn This In Class,” an article for Energy Futures magazine, forthcoming in fall 2018.
- Copy for the Energy Studies Minor and Undergraduate Research Opportunities program at the MIT Energy Initiative.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers at a critical transition point.
- Informational messaging to help borrowers avoid scams and help military servicemembers access education resources.
- Draft DMA Ethics Policy Memo about Pokémon Go: Augmented Reality and Data Privacy Concerns.
- Contributions to the American Student Assistance Salt blog, Salt community, and saltmoney.org, now reposted on my personal site.
- The Student Loan Basics and College Planning Services section of asa.org (in collaboration with other teams).
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .ARAB and .SECURE.
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management
- “What is GNOME,” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5
- It’s Secretly Ironic, a newsletter
- When the Voice Speaks, a short volume of poetry
- My personal blog, Secretly Ironic
- Book reviews at Bookdwarf.com