As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which is best
I am a senior communications specialist at American Student Assistance and a member of the Data and Marketing Association Ethics Policy Committee.
I’m a member of Somerville YIMBY, a group that promotes the creation of more housing as a solution to our regional housing shortage. I also volunteer to work on writing and other homework with students at 826Boston.
Need copy, editing, or communications help? Tell me about it.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers at a critical transition point
- Informational messaging to help borrowers avoid scams and help military servicemembers access education resources
- Draft DMA Ethics Policy Memo about Pokémon Go: Augmented Reality and Data Privacy Concerns
- The Student Loan Resources and College Planning Services section of asa.org (in collaboration with other teams)
- Numerous articles on saltmoney.org (in collaboration with other teams)
- Contributions to community.saltmoney.org and the SALT blog
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .ARAB and .SECURE
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management
- “What is GNOME,” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5
- It’s Secretly Ironic, a newsletter
- When the Voice Speaks, a short volume of poetry
- My personal blog, Secretly Ironic
- Book reviews at Bookdwarf.com