As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
I’m available as a freelancer for writing, editing, and marketing communications projects of all kinds.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which is best
I am currently a communications specialist at American Student Assistance and a freelance writer, editor, and marketing
communications consultant for Shulman & Hill. I also do charitable college application assistance work for students in the
Need copy, editing, or communications help? Tell me about it.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers.
- Portions of asa.org, saltmoney.org and the SALT blog.
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .BCN, .ARAB, and .SECURE.
- My personal blog, Secretly Ironic.
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop.
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management.
- “What is GNOME,” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5.
- When the Voice Speaks, a short volume of poetry.