As a writer, editor, and marketing communications strategist, my goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand while preserving critical information.
I’m available as a freelancer for writing, editing, and marketing communications projects of all kinds.
What I do
- Tailor technical content to specific audiences at all levels
- Manage marketing campaigns in social media, email, web, and print
- Develop and maintain processes for project management
- Test different communications to find out which is best
I am currently a communications specialist at American Student Assistance and do occasional work as a freelance writer, editor, and marketing communications consultant for Shulman & Hill. I have also done charitable college application assistance work for students in the AVID program and development marketing assistance for the Saving Teens In Crisis Coalition (STICC).
Need copy, editing, or communications help? Tell me about it.
- Print and email communications for student loan borrowers.
- Portions of asa.org, saltmoney.org and the SALT blog.
- SEO-driven copy for United Domains top-level domain pages including .BCN, .ARAB, and .SECURE.
- My personal blog, Secretly Ironic.
- Linux in a Nutshell 4th and 5th eds. Co-author for command reference and content on GNOME desktop.
- Running Linux 4th and 5th eds. Contributor to sections on GNOME desktop and package management.
- “What is GNOME,” O’Reilly Network, August 2005
- Software manuals including the Evolution User’s Guide through version 2.4 and the documentation and man pages for Novell ZENworks Linux Management 6.5.
- When the Voice Speaks, a short volume of poetry.